Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Laid off...

So yesterday I found out that because the rates for home loans are going up, I'm out of a job. It's been pretty slow around the office, which means the loan officers aren't making any money, which means they don't want to keep paying me, especially since the phone isn't ringing very much. I'm pretty disappointed. This is the second time this has happened to me in 6 months. I hate the economy! I would really like to be able to keep a job for more than 3 months. The guys are being pretty nice about it though. They're letting me finish out the month and paying me for a week in July. That's about 2 weeks for me to find another job or pretty much James and I are screwed.... We're pretty low on money as it is. Living on love, I guess. They were a lot nicer about letting me go at this job than at the last one. They told me they would give me wonderful references and even write me a letter of recommendation. I'm even allowed to job search at work, and use any of their resources if it helps me find a job. I'm bummed because I really liked it here, but they all have to take care of their families, and I know they wouldn't be letting me go if they didn't have to. They even asked if they could have me back if they ever needed me again, so I know that it's not because of my personality or because I suck at my job or something. Anyway, we're just crossing our fingers that something will come up. Hopefully if I snag another job it will pay better too. It's really scary, and stressing me out that we're no longer going to have our main source of income, but we're praying and fasting, and ask that you can pray for us too. I know that it will all be okay and that Heavenly Father will take care of us as long as we're doing what's right.
Talk to you later!

1 comment:

  1. Jelli- My hubbies out of work too! Times are tough, but the more we go to the temple, the more we feel at peace. I'm praying for ya'-and I'll add your name to the prayer roll this Wednesday. My friend is going through for the first time!

    ReplyDelete