Thursday, May 28, 2009

Working Hard, Playing Hard

Oh man, sorry it's been so long since our last post! We've been busy, we've been playing, and we've been lazy! It seems like May has just flown by!
We are sure loving this whole being married thing! 82 days! Haha, the only reason I know that is because it updates on my facebook profile everyday. But we've been having way too much fun together, there's no time for blogging it seems.
I'm really liking my new job. The guys here are really laid back, but they work hard. Mostly I just answer the phones, but sometimes they give me other little tasks to do. It goes by really slow at times, but I keep myself occupied when I have nothing to do with facebook, reading, and writing Thank you notes. It's pretty fun I guess. James has been working hard to. They recently gave him another job at K-mart. He's filling in as recieving manager while the woman who usually does it is on vacation for a couple weeks. He works during the day now, which is so nice because I get him all to myself at night, which is probably another reason we haven't gotten around to blogging. He will be done with that pretty soon though, so I'm trying to convince him to find another part time job, but he's having difficulty finding something that works with his hours at K-mart. (He doesn't want to quit K-mart because they're so flexible while he's in school). Right now we're just hoping everything works out, but we have faith that it will.
Last Sunday we both talked in church. It really was a growing experience, at least for me. I've never done a talk in church longer than 5 minutes, and I was told I needed to speak for 20. I did my best, and I think it turned out pretty good. Someone even told me that it was one of the best talks he'd ever heard. I was glad to hear it. We talked about the temple, and the blessings we receive from attending. I really feel strongly about attending the temple, so I loved speaking about it. We try to attend the temple once a month, and we really notice how much of a blessing it is in our marriage and in our lives.
I love that it is summer now, it's so beautiful outside. Our house is right on the river and we just love opening the window at night and hearing it flow all night. We've been going on walks a bike rides, it's so much fun. Every once in a while we take our old bread and feed the ducks at First Dam. I love it. We've also really been enjoying all the summer movies that have been coming out. Summer is the best time for good movies, and we LOVE our movies. So far we've seen Wolverine, Star Trek, and Night at the Museum. We've really loved all of them really. We've also watched all of the Harry Potter movies that have come out, it's been really fun! I hadn't seen any of them but the 5th, and that's the one we're on now. They've all been really good, but I think the 2nd and 4th are my favorites. I'm so EXCITED for the 6th to come out. July 15th, woohooo! We're also really excited for Transformers to come out! It looks like it's going to be so good! Haha, we're seriously movie freaks!
Anyways, that's the update on our life lately, sorry it's been so long since the last post. I'll try to keep up on the blog a little better. I guess I just don't feel like our life is that exciting, even though I'm loving every second of it. Hopefully you're a little entertained by reading this. I love reading everyone else's blog, keep em coming!
Love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Jelly-I'm so happy for you and very proud of you for making it to the temple. My 2nd son just eloped this week and was married at the courthouse here in town. I know some people take a little longer to understand the blessings-but I can that tell you, and your new hubby, completely get the whole picture! You'll be an excellent teacher to the youth of your ward:D

    ReplyDelete