Saturday, April 4, 2009

Marriage Milestones and Conference

Today I had the opportunity of attending the afternoon session of conference at the conference center. What a neat experience! My beautiful older sister was singing in the choir, and she performed beautifully. I am so glad I was able to attend. The spirit you feel while you are there in unlike anything I've felt before. We are so blessed to have such great leaders in our church. It makes me want to go shout the truth of the gospel to all the world. If only everyone in this world could be as blessed as me because of the gospel.

Although I wouldn't trade my conference experience for the world, it did necessitate a separation from my sweet husband. On Thursday we made the trek from Logan to Salt Lake in order to find and buy a washer and dryer for our apartment. We found one! Our first major purchase as man and wife. What a milestone! I'm so excited that we don't have to go to the Laundromat anymore! We stayed at James' parents house in West Jordan Thursday night, and then James had to leave at about 6:30 Friday morning in order to make it back to Logan for a test he had in Sociology, poor thing. I decided to stay with my parents so that I would be able to attend conference today and support my big sis. James had to work Friday night, so we spent our first night apart. Another milestone, kinda...I didn't like it one bit! And I wouldn't recommend it either. But I am grateful for the time I have been able to spend with my family, I hardly get to see them anymore.

James had to work tonight too, until close....boo! But, he is headed home as soon as he gets off, and I'm super stoked! Only like two and half more hours until I get to see him! We're pretty much pathetic when it comes to being separated from each other, but it makes it all the more sweet when we are reunited. Just got off the phone with him, in fact, and now I'm even more excited! I love that man!

We're spending most of the day with his family tomorrow. Conference, tacos, puzzles, and birthday cake. What more could you ask for? I really love his family. Tomorrow will be the first time we've hung out with his family since our wedding, another first. I doubt it will be any different from the time we spent with them before the wedding, but maybe. I guess I'm really a legit part of the family now, even though I've felt like a member since the first meeting.

Also exciting news, tomorrow I will finally get my pictures back from the wedding! AHHHHH!!!
Can't wait! I will post them on Facebook for sure, and I'll try to get some on here too. It was the best wedding ever. I'm pretty sure when I post pictures, you all will be jealous.

Anyway, I'm going to go get ready for my husband to come home. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. How did your pictures turn out? I am so excited! I love you both so much
    Love, Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy that you and James are having a wonderful marriage :)

    ReplyDelete